Rewiring? Here Are The Tell-Tale Signs You Need To! image
House fires due to some issue in your home’s wiring system are certainly a scary prospect, but the one big relief you can have is the fact that statistically, the possibility of your home going up in flames is relatively low. That being said, percentages can only go so far to keep you fully safe – if you are not properly maintaining your home, the actual probability of an electrical issue causing a fire can actually increase exponentially. In fact, over one-fourth of house fires tend to be the result of faulty or old wiring (and issues that have arisen due to this). Of course, rewiring your entire house is expensive – and it is something that you generally do not need to do for a number of years, but it is obviously better to pay the price than to have your house burn down! Below are some of the most obvious signs that there is something wrong with your house’s wiring:
You are experiencing frequent blackouts – a tripped breaker during a thunderstorm is not something very unusual (you could even take it as a sign that your home’s wiring and electrical systems are properly working), but if you find yourself experiencing power failures every few days for no specific reason at all, then there is obviously something an electrician by Whitelock Electrical needs to take a look at. Whether that is the tripped breaker or fuses blowing themselves, when such issues happen with an abnormal frequency, chances are that your home’s wiring is faulty or past its prime.
Burning smells and sounds – the most obvious sign that something is very wrong with your home’s wiring is any sign that something might be burning. The thing is, though, that this kind of thing can also signal an issue with a specific appliance or electrical device – and not the wiring per se. However, if you still smell anything weird or hear sizzling sounds even after removing the electrical appliances, it is probably a good time to call in the electrical contractors and see if there is anything wrong with the wiring. To gain more ideas about this electrical contractor you can see this page in a best results.
Cracked insulations, frayed wires and similar damage – if you notice any sort of external damage in your wiring, which is usually in the form of damaged insulation (i.e. the plastic casing), it is a good idea to get the damaged parts replaced as soon as possible. Cracked, broken, cut or even melted insulation can easily pose a risk for electrical shock. Likewise, frayed wires or exposed wiring, as well as loose electrical outlets are also reasons for concern (and if you feel you cannot fix them yourself, call in a professional).